Sunday, January 9, 2011

{Christmas Festivities}

All of the Christmas Festivities always come and go so fast. Soooo fast that I wish I'd take pictures at each Christmas party and blog about each one individually. Each party is so fun and unique with different traditions that we look forward to every year.


Here's our first Gingerbread House. (a tradition we hope to do every year as a family)
... thank you Costco for having the house already PUT TOGETHER ...


. . . THE BIRD CHRISTMAS EVE PARTY . . .
AKA THE MEXICAN FIESTA


I honestly CRAVE this food days before the actual party. You have never seen more mexican food in your life! Anything you could think of: tacos, chicken enchiladas, chicken burritos, beef enchiladas, queso, chips/salsa, quesadillas . . . and it's fantastic!

Then we do the Nativity:










Grandma Bird always reads a new Christmas story to the grandkids and we all get that book to add to our collection. But this year since Brian & Rachel's family is in Michigan, she read the book through Skype so all the grandkids could hear.


Here's a (blurry) picture of Brian & Rachel's family projected onto the wall.
It was SOO fun seeing them and talk with them! We miss them!



. . . CHRISTMAS MORNING . . .

We LITERALLY had to wake up the girl's at 8:30 am. They were out. I've decided that we need to enjoy that as long as it will last. (I remember waking up around 5 am) So we actually showered and got all ready before the kids got up.



The girl's always have a sleepover together and make a fort.


Finally up and ready to check out what Santa Clause brought them!




Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Kim made it just in time to watch the girl's open their presents!




We then hoped in the car and headed up to Centerville were we ate the yummiest breakfast with my family! My mom has been making Christmas Morning Breakfast for as long as I can remember! She makes the BEST sausage pastries! (I crave those days before as well) I don't know how, but we were too busy eating, talking, relaxing, opening gifts...that I didn't even pick up the camera. (bummer) But it was a great day! It's always so fun spending time with family for the holidays!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the New Year!

1 comment:

Ryan and Brindi said...

so fun! your girls are so big and so adorable. i love that they have a 'sleepover' the night before christmas.