Wednesday, October 26, 2011

{Concrete Jungle}

No, I haven't disowned our blog. Yes, I have severely neglected it! If it was my child, the CPS would have taken it away from me! I really do miss taking note of the little things that fill our life. You know it's been awhile blogging when even your husband mentions how long it's been! (and is wishing I'd blog more)

We took a somewhat spontaneous trip at the beginning of this month! I'm starting to realize that we are a little unplanned and more spontaneous! (which could be bad and good) We are celebrating our 9 year anniversary this month and wanted to go somewhere fun! Kim, Danny, and Nancy came along too which made it that much more fun!

We had a few things we wanted to do and then planned the rest along the way! There are a few highlights. First Broadways. You can't go to New York without going to at least one broadway! We first went to Wicked. We have both seen it before, but I swear it gets better every time!! The music is INCREDIBLE!

The next broadway we saw was How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. We didn't know what to expect, but to our surprise, we had front row center seats!! And on top of that, Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) and John Larroquette were the main actors! I literally could have reached up and touched Harry's leg! (and I wanted to, he was SO cute!) They were both great musicals to see!

Walking over the Brooklyn Bridge was breathtaking! You got a perfect view of the city! At the end of the Brooklyn Bridge, we ate at a yummy pizza restaurant called Grimaldi's! The pizza was fresh, thin, and delicious!

Another highlight for me was going to the Nate Berkus show! It was so fun being the an audience and seeing how a show is run! During segments while they were setting up, they had different audience competitions! As soon as I heard there was a dance competition, I was pretty sure who would end up in it.....DEVIN!! And I was pretty sure if he was in it, he would.....dance like crazy and have everyone laughing. Well, both happened and I have never laughed so hard! (and turned so red!) We had so much fun! In fact, the show will air tomorrow at 3 pm and we can't wait to watch it!

Overall, we tried to see everything and anything! We went to Canal St., browsed in Soho, road the subway, walked a million miles, stopped for hot dogs (devin), stopped for roasted cashews (jen), looked through a lot of great stores (thanks to my friend Jill for some great suggestions), road in a taxi car that was like a bat out of hell, and the list goes on. It was a great trip, with super fun people, and lots of good memories!



You can't help but sing Alicia Key's song New York as you walk throughout the city! (now it's probably in your head too!)


Where's Waldo?
loved walking past this screen! It shows you up on a giant billboard screen.
See us on the left middle...Devin has a mustard sweater on...











Goodbye New York! Goodbye busy city! Hello, quiet little Springville!

3 comments:

Brad and Britt said...

I have felt that I have left my blog alone the past few months. I really think that your trip looked so much fun! I have always wanted to go to NYC! We missed you in Lake Mead though!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Looks like lots of FUN!! I'm glad to hear Devin is using all his dance skillz on camera, I would have loved to see that!

Плюшевый Ктулху said...

Weight Loss. Coffee keeps you awake and busy while it zaps the calories you eat. Lots of people guzzle coffee in the morning to jump-start their metabolism—and then tend to snack the rest of the day. A 2008 study published in the International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity found that subjects who drank four to five cups of coffee each day ended up eating around 100 fewer calories during the rest of the day than participants who drank less than three...More..