I decided to join the family and sign up for the Moab 5 mile race.
*Thank the lucky heavens I decided against the 1/2 marathon! *
My sister Abby and 5 of my cousins ran the 1/2 marathon, and my sister, brother and 3 other cousins ran the 5 mile race. I have never been to Moab before, but I LOVED the race! Running through the canyon was breathtaking! I was so busy looking around and taking in the fresh air, that I almost forgot we were running a race. Until I couldn't breath, then I was reminded. What a fun race! I hope to do the 1/2 marathon one of these years!
{Here are the 'lovely' photos taken throughout the race, no makeup = scary!}
...Erin and I running through the canyon...

Here's the cheer section
Here's our group of runners! (surrounded by a million paper water cups)
Meg, Jamie, Abby, Nicole, Chad, me, Steph
Erin, Tyler, Whit, Kramer, Shawn
My family all stayed in a nice condo together.
Here's my dad teasing the girls.
He put a pillow and a blanket in the tub and then brought them in to show them where they'd be sleeping. :) Paityn was all over it, Presley on the other hand was bugged!
After the race, we checked out Moab Main Street.
I'll see you next year Moab! Hopefully ready to kick some 1/2 marathon butt!



4 comments:
YAY!!! Way to go Jen! I am so proud, and slightly jealous because I haven't picked my lazy butt up to exercie in months now!! How fun to do it with your family too! Its great to accomplish something like that but to have your family there to run with and support you makes the experience amazing! LOVEE YOUEE!! COMING TO UT SOON! Girls lunch???
Love the pics! That race sounded like so much fun! :)
Way to go! It was fun to see you at the wedding! Your girls are so cute!
What fun! You go girly!
Post a Comment