Monday, November 22, 2010

{ Famous }

Paityn and her grandpa made the cover of our local newspaper The Springville Herald.
When Paityn showed her friend Lily she said "You're famous!" haha!


Here's the picture that's on the paper:


In the newspaper they were talking about the upcoming annual canned food drive the Kiwanis Club does every year. Last year, Devin took Paityn with him to box up the canned food so it was ready to deliver for Christmas. They sort each box, add a voucher for a free ham, and put a Wal-Mart giftcard in each box. A few weeks before Christmas they deliver the boxes to local families in need that year.

I'm so glad that my kids get to watch their dad serve in the community and be apart of such wonderful service opportunities like this one. I was totally choked up last year when I stopped by and saw Paityn busy at work filling up boxes. She is such a big helper!

When we showed Paityn the cover her eyes lit up. She was so proud! I then heard her explaining to Presley what she'd do this year to help and then a discussion continued about what canned vegetable they'd be in charge of putting in the boxes this year!

Those are moments that totally melt my heart.

3 comments:

Kami Su said...

That is darling! I didn't know about that, glad you posted it.

Meghan said...

How cute! :)

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

so cute