Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blue, Blue Skies

We escaped a few weeks ago to Lake Mead with my family and friends!
Devin had to stay home because of work and so I packed up the girls and we headed south for the sun!

My family has been going to Lake Mead since I was a little girl.
In fact, I learned how to water-ski behind a wave runner.
We've gone with the same family friend's every year and now it's a complete 360 now that I have my own kids and we're still playing in the same Lake Mead water!

I started out playing in the sand/water, to the teenage years: laying out and reading People magazine, to now back in the sand/water playing with the kids! My kids had an absolute blast and hardly took a break from building sand castles.

Here's Presley, Abby & I on the tube

Miss Paityn on the boat

Kali (our friend's little girl), Paityn & Presley
(Presley calls Kali her "favowit fiend" now)

And you know my little model, striking a pose!

As always we had a blast! We always have the best food (amazingly enough on a beach; I'm always asking for recipes after the trip) and the best company!!

The start to a great summer!

8 comments:

Brooke Wheeler said...

AH! Your girls are sooo dang cute! Love the pictures of paity and the one pres is in! So freakin cute!

Jen said...

I love Lake Mead! We used to go there around every Labor Day. I say "used to" because now that we're in Texas we don't make it anymore...so sad!

Glad you got to go and have fun, though! Looks like a blast. Isn't it funny how our world does a 360 when we have kids?

Chelsey said...

Ah, how I miss boating. Sailing is much more popular here in VA; we rarely see boats with towers. We miss it!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

your girls are so cute.

Mark and Tamarie said...

What a fun trip! Lake Mead brings back lots of good memories. :) I hope you are enjoying your summer. We will have to hang out when we get back from California in August. Tell Devin, Mark wants to attend his seminary class. (Mark looks up to Devin and thinks he's great!) :D

Kyler and Hillary said...

So happy to see new updates! I bet Devin is an awesome seminary teacher! the students will love him! I love LAKE MEAD too! My best friend growing up had a houseboat down there so I have the fondest memories too! I'm jealous though because I haven't been in a few years!!! Well you guys look like your doing great! I'm sad it has been so long since I have seen you guys!!!

Kami Su said...

such cute pictures. Your girls are so darling!

Meghan said...

Oh, I'm so laughing about Paityn's pose in the last shot... :) She's so cute.