I have a confession to make...I spend WAY too much money at the darn grocery store! In my defense, I love to cook and I do make home-made meals for my family, but I just don't know how to shop smart and save money!! Plus, I end up going every other day or so to get something I forgot, then you know how it goes: you go to get one thing and end with at least five other things! Problem. So I was watching Oprah and there were 3 different chefs with 21 different meals that are cost-efficient and look really good! (I'll let you know when I try them out!) And they have the recipe and the grocery list online too!
Here's a few of the meals they suggested:
Greek Cinnamon Stewed Chicken with Blanched Greens
Creamy Pasta with Chicken, Kalamata Olives and Broccoli
Fuji Apple, Walnut and Herb Salad with Roasted Chicken
Proscuitto and Portobello Mushroom Wheat Pizza with Pesto
Chicken Fried Rice
Baked Nachos
Tropical Popcorn
Macaroni Sheperd's Pie
Slow-Cooked Barbecue Pork Shoulder
just to name a few...
(don't they make your mouth water)
So now I'm off for a fresh start on grocery shopping!




7 comments:
I totally know what you mean! I feel like I go to the grocery store 4 + times a week! The worst is Costco! Everytime we go we spend a lot of money and then come home and have nothing to eat!
wow--it's been awhile-- i am totally the same with food-- i cook for rob's aunt too, so i will have to try this...
your rf birthday looked so cute!
mmm! Looks yummy! I'll have to try a few too.
Jen, check out dealstomeals.com. It seems awesome. They help you find the best deals on groceries and recipes to go along with it. You inspire me. Have a great time in Vegas. Tell Brady congrats!!
well i just printed a bunch of recipes. :) thank you!
Hey Jen you should look into cutting coupons. I save a lot of money just doing that.
Jen, I haven't commented in forever, just stopping in to say Hi :) My friends name is Whitney... WE LOVED PAITYNs message and listened to it a couple times cause her voice is so cute. I still have the old one forever ago saved too that I love listening too. KIDS are so cute! can't get enough. especially paity and pres. How are you guys doing?
Post a Comment