Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Many Faces

At least once a day I hear these words:
"Mom, are you sad?"
(me): "No, why do you think that?"
"well, why are you doing that face?"
"What face?"
(she imitates my face which looks like a sad face)
"I'm not sad, it's just my thinking face."
"Oh ok."

Later that day:
"Mom are you sad or is that just your thinking face?"

...MAD FACE...
...HAPPY FACE...
...THINKING FACE...
Looks like I better make my 'thinking face' a little happier!

13 comments:

Brittney said...

She is too cute!! Don't worry, I like your mad face! In fact I miss your mad face! It has been way too long since I have seen your stinkin face!! You look so cute Jen! Did you guys get together this Christmas with the clan? Sad I missed it! Love ya!

darin.garner said...

Pait is right...you guys need to sell your house and move up by us.

Meghan said...

Haha! So cute! :) Funny how things are so simple/literal to kids.

Kristen said...

jen... you are so beautiful!

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

That's so funny... I love kids thoughts. I can't wait to hear Gavins when he learns to talk more!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

I like the mad face. Very cute! We missed you guys at the Christmas party. I haven't seen your cute family for FOREVER! We need to come and see your cute house sometime very soon!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Paityn, you are too cute!!

Chelsey said...

LOL. That's so cute! I like the pics.

Brad and Britt said...

yoru thinking face still is a cute face.....i love the funny things kids say!

Brooke Wheeler said...

Jen! That is too cute! I love it! I always ♥♥ what Paityn says!

Mark and Tamarie said...

How funny! Kids say the cutest things! We miss you and are really hoping Devin will surprise you with a trip to Tucson this year. :) We'd love to see you.

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

I love that face! And Paityn's is pretty cute too!

Brittany said...

I love this post! Kids are so cute and I love how they say exactly what they are thinking!