Wednesday, November 21, 2007

BYU -vs- Utah, The So-Called Holy War



Take your pick!! What's it going to be! The much anticipated game of the year is now days away and the excitement around our place has begun. Growing up going to Utah games with my dad and then marrying the world's biggest BYU fan has made this time of year exciting!! Devin has been getting everyone's bet on the score and I picked 27-24 for Utah so we'll see what happens. I have to say that one of our first fights ever was over this very subject. Devin told me that the only reason I was a Utah fan was because my dad was and I got mad at him and said that I am a Utah fan because I choose to be. :) So funny!! It should be a fun game to watch. If the truth be known, I wouldn't mind seeing BYU win since I watch all of their games and know all the players names and I don't know that much about Utah's team!! Don't tell my dad I said that. :) Let the games begin!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would pick Utah JEN! Come on! BYU's taking it all the way Add my pick to the list - 31-24 BYU. GO COUGARS!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

How fun! I hope you guys have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

P.S.- Mindi is having a girl, so you guys will have to have play dates. Your new girl and Mindi's baby will only be four months apart. How cute! I just wanted to let you know!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Utah- What!!! Jennifer you know better. Just kidding. It should be such a good game. Is your dad going? What a fun Thanksgiving weekend and you are getting so close to having your cute little baby. We are excited. Hope you are feeling good. Happy Thanksgiving. We love you guys...

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

my hubby and dad are both BYU alum, thats my pick, it has to be!!

Darbee said...

GO UTES!!! I used to think that Zach and Devin could be really good friends...now I'm not too sure! :-) JUST TEASING!!! Zach's as big of a Utah fan as Devin is a BYU fan. No matter what happens and who wins...it will DEFINATELY be a good game! Maybe we'll see you guys there...along with all the other thousands of our closest friends! Good Luck!

Seth Ollerton said...

Jen, I know you are torn but I am glad you are seeing the light.What is that scripture, "How great shall be your joy if you bring at least one soul unto the COUGS." Is that it? You don't have to post this since I am officially going to be struck down by lightning.

Lindsey Lee said...

Oh joy...i wish i got into football more, but it sure is fun to listen to the roar of the crowd from our front porch! Go Utes (for Jen) and Go Cougs (for devin). PS. when is baby coming?

The Shupes said...

You are a Utah fan, come on!! Well I have to admit I think the only reason I am a BYU fan is because my parents are!! But I did live in Provo for a year and that is where I really started to love the Y!! I think the score will be 31-27 BYU! Go Cougs!!

Camie said...

Jen--- 10-17! Go Cougars...need I say more? Did you go to the game? Hope everything is going well--- just a few more weeks... hang in there, you are still the cutest pregnant woman ever! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Are you still delivering at Utah Valley again?

Chelsey said...

Well, I was cheering for the U, but Tim is a BYU fan and he cares about it A LOT more than I do, so I am always divided about who I want to win. B/c I can just shrug it off and he is either extremely happy for days or can't stop grumbling about the outcome. Still, I can't believe that Utah let BYU win at the last minute AGAIN this year. Don't you think they should have learned from last year's experience?

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

Sorry for your loss but we were sure happy the cougars pulled it off..GO BYU

Darbee said...

Hey, one more thing...
Will you email me your new address? I just need to update my Christmas Card list!
darbee_beynon@yahoo.com
How are you doing? Can I help you get ready for the baby? Call me and let me know when the big day is! Love you!